Basic rules for tiles. First, you need to consider that ceramic tiles are a very suitable option for decorating a bathroom. Its installation will not cause much trouble, and a person who has no experience in this matter can handle such work.
Today, a large number of products are produced that differ in the quality of performance. Someone chooses samples from well-known manufacturers, someone prefers to choose simpler products. Therefore, the decoration of the bathroom can be different. It all depends on the completeness of the wallet, preferences, and taste.
Bathrooms are also of various sizes. The area of the room and its color scheme should be in harmony.
In a large room, there is where to roam. Therefore, everything here will depend on the wishes of the owners. Someone wants to have a bathroom, which is lined with black tiles with light splashes, while someone prefers only snow-white shades. They emphasize the purity of thoughts and the surrounding world.
Don’t use red colors in a small room. If you still want super flashy shades, then choose a white tile with a red pattern, for example, with large flowers. Will look good on a white background and red borders.
When you walk into a store, your inexperienced eye cannot immediately identify the best samples. All collections seem to be equally beautiful and of high quality. This is especially true when products have glossy surfaces. They all shimmer and shine, and your attention becomes distracted. Therefore, doubts begin. And this leads to the wrong choice.
In order not to be mistaken, adhere to the following rules.
- You cannot finish the walls of the bathroom with tiles that are intended for the floor. Conversely, you cannot lay fragile wall tiles on the floor. On the floor, thin wall tiles will simply crack from stress, and heavy flooring will not adhere well to the walls.
- It is not necessary to choose too thick, high-strength tile in a very small toilet space. There are not so many people living in a scanty apartment that your expensive tiles will quickly crack and wear out. Why pay extra money for excessive wear resistance, if you can choose thinner samples and, therefore, cheaper.
- You should not save money when it comes to purchasing tiles. It is better to buy two or three more samples than you calculated in advance. Anything can happen during installation. The piece product may crack or break. Here the fallback will come in handy.
Of course, the high-quality workmanship of products should also be up to par. Therefore, do not skimp on trifles and at the same time consider the following.
All piece products must match diagonally and in size. To check the coincidence of the parameters, you need to selectively take a couple of tiles from the batch, and then fold them together with the front side. If you see discrepancies, then it is better to refuse the purchase. By the way, when smooth, glossy surfaces are superimposed on each other, there should also be no free space between them (both high-quality samples seem to “stick” to each other). If you notice flaws, then the surface is not of the best quality.
Don’t forget to check the items for cracks. To do this, you need to turn the face of the sample into the light. The presence of “cobwebs” is a marriage. The tiles are usually installed in damp rooms.
Try to get the right amount of tiles right away. You shouldn’t do it in parts, because products from the same collection may differ slightly from each other in shades and even in dimensions. And that’s why. When one batch of goods ends, another is brought in. In production, there are often changes in the quality of goods due to raw materials or a change in manufacturing technology. There is no guarantee that another batch will not be executed with some changes.
For complete confidence in your choice, you also need to rely on the advice of specialists with many years of experience. So, the general rules will be as follows.
- To visually “stretch” space, the curbs should be laid vertically, not horizontally. This means that the owners of small rooms should choose rectangular products.
- For a “high ceiling”, lay vertically and place decorative elements at eye level. Therefore, it is also worth purchasing decorative items.
- It is better to use neutral or cold shades in the toilet. Therefore, it is necessary to buy products that will have a white or light blue color scheme.
- When you start installing tiles on the wall, it is better to use horizontal laying. The walls finished in this way will significantly increase the visual height of the ceiling. Therefore, purchase rectangular tiles.
Tiling gives unlimited possibilities for using your imagination. The main thing is that some general rules are followed here . For example, if you decide to use several colors at once, then for decoration you need to choose only one color, from which you need to “build on”. Each new shade should differ from the previous one by about 30-40%. But what tones you choose, darker or lighter, everything will depend on your desire.
Consider, before combining colors, you need to decide on the texture of your chosen products (it can vary greatly both in quality, performance, and shape). And if you decide to combine different textures and colors, then try not to overdo it in this matter.
His choice is one of the main questions. Perhaps the options offered below will help you decide on the tiles.
- The Black and white contrast looks very good. Always elegant and beautiful. Just consider the area of space. The larger it is, the more formatted the drawing should be.
- Design performance is a combination of plain tiles (neutral) and photo panels. The drawing can be different. It can be ordered individually. And what it will be – you choose. For example, you can even decorate the wall with tiles that will have your image on it.
- Combinations of shades of the same color direction look good in a large toilet. This design will add volume to the room.
- Anyone who is used to fun and joy can use a bold combination of bright colors. The accompanying furniture and plumbing fixtures should be white in this case.
- Try to decorate the walls with ceramics of a monotone color and add only lightly bright elements (inserts can be arranged in small groups). This will give you a chaotic pattern.
- An option for creative people is patchwork (joining in the order of geometry of patterns, lines, and colors).
Now we will consider separately the combinations that are suitable for rooms of different sizes.
- For small spaces. A rational approach is needed here, so we choose only light shades. The tile must have a glossy surface. We cover the floor with tiles with a matte effect, in color it should be in harmony with the walls and ceiling. It is best to make a smooth transition from dark bottom to light top.
For a toilet that is combined with a bath. Three colors can be used here. It is also possible to visually separate the zones in which the bathroom and toilet are located – with the help of color, this maneuver is quite feasible. For example, we separate the toilet area with light tiles, and decorate the space where the bathroom is located with tiles of darker shades. In the same design, we make out the floor, where we arrange the transition to the wall by about 1-3 tiles.
For spacious bathrooms. Here you can apply your wildest ideas. The color options range from light shades to very dark and even black.